First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers by John M. Feierabend is a complete music curriculum, birth through 36 months! Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this delightfully illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for infants and toddlers, including:
- A comprehensive selection of songs and rhymes, wiggles and tickles, bounces, lullabies, and more.
- Repertoire based only on folk and traditional songs and rhymes because of their natural melodic expressiveness, natural flow of the language, and texts filled with wonder.
- Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
- Full coordination with recordings (available separately) that contain all the rhymes and music from this book . . . perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
- Convenient spiral binding so the book always lays flat.
More and more research points to the importance of music for infants and toddlers. Nurture their lives with First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers!
John M. Feierabend, PhD, is Director of the Music Education Division of The Hartt School of the University of Hartford and Director of the National Center for Music and Movement in the Early Years