- The Anatomy of Conducting: Architecture and Essentials - Workbook and Study Guide
The Anatomy of Conducting: Architecture and Essentials - Workbook and Study Guide
© 2008 GIA.
Item #: G-7358
Evoking Sound, Evoking Sound
For the first time, two of America’s most respected conductorsa—instrumental and choral—enter into a collaboration, using cutting-edge technology to illustrate their teaching principles for learning the basics of conducting technique.
Through insightful master class dialogue, unique multi-angle video demonstrations, and state-of-the-art motion capture animation, conductors will be able to study the gesture of both renowned conductors.
Revolutionary graphics show the skeletal movement of each conductor in real-time to give conductors an in-depth and accurate picture of body mechanics and architecture. Topics covered on this program include:
- Basic conducting patterns in legato and marcato for all basic meters
- Conducting with and without a baton
- Extensive demonstration of preparatory gestures
- Explanation of the architecture of conducting
- Body Mapping principles applied to conducting
- Discussions on Sound Shaping and Sound Morphology
- Unique interactive menu allows conductors to study conducting patterns from several angles
This workbook and related DVD are a complete tutorial for basic conducting technique as taught and demonstrated by two of America’s master teachers and conductors.
James Jordan is senior conductor at the renowned Westminster Choir College in Princeton.
Eugene Migliaro Corporon is conductor of the Wind Symphony and Regents Professor of Music at the University of North Texas.
Conducting, Skill Building
Number of Pages:
CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ITEM ALSO BOUGHT THE FOLLOWING