An Illustrative Guide to Exceptional Rehearsals and Performance
Item #: G-10898
What could a musical style LOOK like to a visual learner? Can visual images improve conceptual understanding of INTONATION, BALANCE, and BLEND? This text provides tools and techniques for visualizing complex musical ideas using simple shapes and illustrations and provides immediate resources to explain complex musical concepts in practical terms. Imagery is a powerful tool that transitions musicians from PREPARATION to PERFORMANCE—analytical to the artistic—seamlessly moving from notes and rhythms to shaping phrases and sensing music’s aesthetic beauty.
Here’s a sample of what’s included:
- Advanced musical concepts presented in clear illustrations.
- An innovative approach to teaching and understanding musical ideas.
- Essential Skills for Conductors—exercises that enable conductors to implement visual technique and strategies into their practice and performance.
- Clear-cut graphics that lead visual learners to deep musical understandings.
- Sample images that teach musical style, improve ensemble intonation, and lead musicians from simple concepts to outstanding performance.
- Musical pictures that are worth MORE than 1,000 words!
Band/Orchestra Curriculum, Education, Musicianship, Rehearsal, Resource Titles, Skill Building, Warm-Ups
Number of Pages: