In 1941, Clifford A. Bennett founded the Gregorian Institute of America, offering a 110-
lesson home-study course in Gregorian chant.
Edward Harris bought the company in 1967 and with Robert Batastini, GIA’s music editor began to create the GIA Publications, Inc. we know today.
Omer Westendorf founded World Library Publications in 1950 in Cincinnati, Ohio, as World Library of Sacred Music. In 1971, the J.S. Paluch Company acquired WLP, producing choral music, music collections and songbooks, recordings, books, resources for the RCIA, and artwork.
In 2020, WLP became a division of GIA Publications, Inc., expanding our sacred music offerings for the Catholic Church to include missalettes as well as more bilingual and contemporary music resources.
Once a fledgling publisher of early Catholic hymnals, GIA is now a powerhouse of music resources for the church, serving not just Catholics but many other ecumenical denominations as well. From hymnals and psalters to choral octavos and instrumental editions, GIA offers the very best in music for Christian worship today!