The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Quality Music Assessment Program
Scale Your Way to Music Assessment (Second Edition)
Item #: G-9542
Scale Your Way to Music Assessment: The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Quality Music Assessment Program is a hands-on, step-by-step action plan to use assessment to improve your teaching and your students’ performances.
This expanded Second Edition provides examples of how to teach student musicians at every level—elementary, middle, and high school— to become accurate and consistent assessors of musical performance. This book also describes how to meaningfully self- and peer-assess, and set goals for practicing and improving the performances of a group. The ultimate goal is to enhance learning and education through assessment.
Also included are appendices with actual written and listening tests; outlines of a testing program for band, choir, and orchestra; a glossary of terms—and more.
Scale Your Way to Music Assessment includes everything you need to develop a quality music assessment program.
New downloadable resources include sample data, tests for all grade levels, music examples, and reference material. The extensive range of topics in this revised edition incorporate exemplars for all grade levels of a music program, including:
- • Developing performance assessments
- • Aligning music department goals • Developing written assessments with district and school goals
- • Developing listening assessments
- • Writing course goals
- • Writing music tests
- • Helping a program realize its vision • Involving students in taking responsibility
- • Integrating the National Core Arts Standards for improving skills
- • Updating references and websites • A review of test-making software
- • Frequently asked questions
Number of Pages: